Sunday 29 May 2011

Tender Moments

Tenderizing meat has to be one of the most therapeutic things you can do to relieve frustration.

You get to pound away at meat and can picture whatever you want in place of your meal -- bills, work problems, family arguments, or whatever else is bugging you. And the best part is that it's not only therapeutic, but also helps to prepare dinner.

Yes, you can go to the gym and work out with a big punching bag, but will that help feed your family? Not so much. It is only a good work out.

But tenderizing meat does it all.

For me tenderizing meat has an even more special place in my heart. My nana and my mom taught me a recipe for pork medallions and I got to pound away at the meat as the child sous chef.


It was fun to help cook and this was something I could do without burning or cutting myself. A perfect solution for someone who thought nothing bad could ever happen to her.

Really, thinking back to it, my little twig arms probably couldn't have done much more than lift the meat tenderizer and gently lay it back on top of the meat. So that means someone must have gone over the meat after I went to watch Care Bears... But I never knew about that, so still felt a sense of accomplishment and learned to love cooking along the way.

My recipe for Pork Medallions is not the same as the old family favourite but it did make my taste buds jump in delight.

I hope you enjoy them and relieve any frustrations you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment