Tuesday 14 June 2011

Pretty Young Tarts...

Don't you hate watching girls walk past you in skirts so short that you can see their underwear?

You know they have to know you're looking. It's like a car crash or something else equally horrific. Once you see it, you need to look again to make sure you saw it properly.

It's not something you wanted to see, but now you did and you can't get it out of your mind. Is she really wearing that? And she thinks she looks good in it?

Wait. Don't answer unless you answer with a resounding "NO!!"

Oh, wait again. Now if you didn't answer then I know you actually liked it... So just say nothing.

I'll just tell you that it is so not my thing. I don't want to see anyone's underwear, boys or girls. So pull up your pants and wear clothes that fit.

I need to stop talking. I am sounding like someone's mother and I am not at that point in my life yet. Let's move on...

The other kind of tarts, the edible kind, are definitely something I am into.

I love all kinds of those tarts. Butter tarts, cream tarts, fruit tarts, custard tarts, and chocolate tarts. Yum.

I don't know if I could pick a favourite because if you put any of them in front of me, that kind would be my favourite for the moment.

There are just so many tart memories floating around in my head that it's making it hard for me to think about choosing.

I remember the cooling feeling of custard tarts bursting in my mouth. I remember taking a spoon to a butter tart, eating only the sweet filling, and leaving the pastry shell on my plate, much to my mom's frustration. And I remember savouring the fruit piece by piece before devouring the rest of the tart in an instant.

I guess that means no all time favourites, but I can make room for another tart memory.

Here's a recipe for my Philly Chocolate Tarts.

They're easy on your eyes and in your stomach.

Unless you eat too many all at once, but I can't be held responsible for your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment