Tuesday 15 November 2011

All You Need is Cheese

Have you ever rewritten lyrics to a popular song to make them your own? 

I have. And I don't mean just changing a woman's name to Sarah to make the Backstreet Boys sing about how much they love me. I did much more than that!

In a high school biology class my friends and I went all out and changed the lyrics of Sugar, Sugar to tell a story about the cell membrane. We kept the tune the same and it was amazing. 

I won't sing the whole thing, but the chorus went a bit like this: "the cell membrane, do do do do do do, oh the cell membrane."

You know, I actually can't remember much more than that, but I am sure you could recreate it I spent enough time trying. 

Then, there was also the time I created a rap about Magnesium. 

I was a 16 year old white girl and I created my own beat. I think you can guess how that went... And you can probably guess I didn't sit with the cool kids at lunch too...

Anyway, this recipe is so easy that I wanted to toss out a challenge. You will have so much time on your hands that you will need it. 

Use the tune to All You Need is Love, but change "love" to "cheese". I don't know for sure, but I think this challenge might be even easier than the recipe!

Cheese Stuff

That's right, we call it Cheese Stuff at my house. It's so good, it doesn't need a better name.

1 cup of light cream cheese 
1 cup of MacLaren's Imperial Cheese (the little red package that looks like it could be cream cheese)
2 tablespoons of Sweet Thai Chili Sauce 

1. Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until creamy and delicious. You may have to get a wooden spoon out to prod the cheeses a bit, but that's all there is to it! 

2. Serve with bread or crackers, olives, grapes, veggies, and anything else you can think of. 

Now what are you waiting for? I want to hear those lyrics before you take a bite. 

Ok fine, you can write the song while you'll eating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment