Friday 11 November 2011

A New Me

Over the last few weeks I have been raising money to donate to the Canadian Cancer Society at work. I think the Canadian Cancer Society is a very worthy cause, and so must a lot of other people from my work because I raised a lot of money!

But money won't be all I send in, I also cut my hair to be used to make a wig. I've done the cut three times now, and even though I always look forward to a fresh new look, I'm always a little nervous right before it happens. 

The first time I did the cut I was in high school and I decided I wanted a "cool" style. That was a mistake because I looked like a wannabe rock star. The second time I was just finished university and I let the hairdresser cut my hair far too short. Again, a mistake. This time I didn't even need to go to a hair stylist afterwards, I actually liked it directly after the cut. 

Maybe it's a little like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The first time I got too hot a cut (the rock star), the second time a cold cut (my neck was bare due to the shortness), but the third time was was just right. 

Anyway, here's my before look:

Here's the during:


And here's the after:


So what do you think? 

Do I look alright? Was it worth it to donate 13 inches of hair to the Canadian Cancer Society? I think so! 

And next time I do the cut, you could be the one to do the chopping! You just have to be one of the two highest doners and I'll let you cut away, with guidelines of where to cut of course! 

How else did I fundraise? I did what all home cooks love to do, I cooked up and sold a chili lunch! I used my Southwestern Chili recipe and just substituted pot roast for the pulled pork. Yum!

Let me know what you think of my new cut? 

Whether you like it or not, you've got to admit that it's good to remember others (war heroes, family, friends, and strangers), especially today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment