Saturday 10 December 2011

Twist and Shout

I love throwing a holiday party and I love twisting up one of my favourite recipes to make something new and exciting.

One of my favourite appetizers to twist into something new is also my simplest - a puff pasty tart baked in a mini muffin tin.

To me, using as few ingredients as possible is key when making bite sized treats because you know you're going to have to make a lot of them. But making all those ingredients mesh perfectly can be a challenge all on it's own.

Here is a perfect holiday quick fix for an appetizer party. I hope you enjoy it!


 Cranberry and Ricotta Tarts

1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
1/4 cup of cranberry relish
1/4 cup of ricotta cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Roll pastry out, cut it into 20-24 even squares, and place each square in a mini muffin tin.

3. Spoon a small amount of ricotta cheese and a small amount of cranberry relish into each tart shell and bake for 20-30 minutes or until pastry begins to turn a slight brown.

4. Enjoy, twist, and shout - it's a party after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment