Tuesday 31 January 2012

Open Sesame

I am always surprised when people tell me they don't eat vegetables. I don't hear those words strung together often, but I do probably hear then as often as I hear someone tell me they're a vegetarian. 

It's a really weird thought to never enjoy a crunchy carrot stick, a baked sweet potato, or steamed asparagus, but I guess people are allowed their own opinions... 

I just hope that everyone gives things a chance before making a snap decision. I've heard many of those non veggie eaters tell me they "just know they won't like the taste" and "no, they've tried it before" when speaking their mind about veggies. 

Maybe this quick Asian veggie dish will make some non-eaters give tasting a go. I think it looks good and I know if tastes good! So give them a go if you dare...


Sesame Snap Peas

2 cups sugar snap peas, ends removed
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
2 teaspoons Asian vinegar
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 pinch of salt

1. In a small frying pan on medium heat, cook the garlic in the olive oil.

2. Add the peas and stir to coat them in the garlic. Cook for about 30-60 seconds to allow the peas to warm.

3. Add the vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and sesame seeds. Stir to coat the veggies and enjoy.

These veggies are crisp and fresh, just how I like them. If you prefer a less crunchy veggie, just cook them a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment