Tuesday 17 July 2012

Stick to Your Ribs

As much as I try to eat healthy, everyone needs a splurge once and awhile. And I think it's ok to splurge as long as I keep my portion sizes on the smaller side.

So on nights like tonight where I make BBQ ribs, I make sure I fill my plate with lots of fresh salad and take only a small portion of ribs. I eat my ribs slowly to enjoy every bite and I'm just as happy as could be.

Sometimes I do go back for seconds, but I've heard that it's a great compliment to the chef to do that. And every chef needs compliments, even when the chef I am complimenting is me!

Simple BBQ Ribs 

2 racks of baby back ribs, cut into 4-5 rib sections 
Salt and pepper 
2 cups of BBQ sauce, homemade or purchased

Try one of my BBQ sauce recipes if you're looking for something new, my Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce or my regular Spicy BBQ Sauce! They're both delicious! 

1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and season your ribs with salt and pepper. 

2. Bake on cookie sheets for about 3 hours or until a sharp knife can be easily removed from the meat when poked. If you need to wiggle your knife or feel a pull from the meat when removing it, you need to keep cooking your ribs a little longer. Your knife should come out of your meat like you are poking  a block of softened butter. 

3. Now coat your ribs with about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce and either broil them in your oven or BBQ them for about 5 - 10 minutes. Watch your ribs carefully and remove them from your oven or the grill when they just begin to char. 

4. Brush your ribs with a little more BBQ sauce and serve! If you really like your sauce, serve a little more on the side for dipping!

I try and get my ribs to a point where I can bite the tender meat off the bone and see my bite mark. But I don't think any of my guests would ever complain if I served fall off the bone ribs! So as long as I cook my ribs long enough, everyone will always be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment