Wednesday 31 October 2012

A Really Batty Pie

I tricked you didn't I? I bet you thought that yesterday's post was a rip off. I mean, it's night before Halloween and I made a Spring Vegetable Soup? What's Halloween-y about that?

Well that was the trick and now for the treat. Today's post is going to make you smile like a kid heading out to trick or treat. It's one of my favourite Halloween meal traditions and something that I am going to continue to make for my family for years to come.

Heres a hint: It's something that kids love and it's something that's as much fun to make as it is to eat. Why it's pizza of course!

But as it's a Halloween tradition, it's not just any pizza. It's Pumpkin Pizza! And I've kicked it up a notch for you this year too. Read on to find out all my tricks.

Pumpkin Pizza - serves 6-8

1 ball of pizza dough, homemade or purchased
1 cup of pizza sauce, purchased tomato is fine but I suggest trying homemade pumpkin sauce
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup olives, 3/4 of the olives whole and 1/4 of the olives slivered
1 cup grated zucchini
1 sweet pepper, slivered
1 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 package of salami or pepperoni, preferably in strips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease two cookie sheets.

2. Split dough into two, stretch out each piece dough into a pumpkin shape, and put each pumpkin on a greased cookie sheet. Pumpkins can be found in many shapes and sizes, but they're usually round with a stem on top so that's a shape I aim to make.

3. Smear 1/2 cup of sauce on each pumpkin and top with peppers, zucchini, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle on the cheese.

4. Now make the pumpkin's lines and put bats all over the pumpkins. Line the pepperoni in rows down the pizzas to form the lines. Dot the whole olives around the pizzas for the bats bodies and frame each whole olive with slivers to form the bat's wings.

5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the bottom of the pizzas are golden brown and the cheese is melted.

6. Let the pizzas cool slightly before cutting and enjoying.

So what do you say, was the trick worth the treat? Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later high quality wholesales rice in USA I agree with your thought. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete