Tuesday 9 October 2012

Pie in the Sky

I love to pile food high upon plates. I think it shows off all the little details of the dish and makes everything look beautiful. 

I especially love when I can show off details of a dish that look like they took ages to prepare, but they really took only mere moments of work. Today's recipe is one of those beautiful details with minimal work. 

I served a delicious pumpkin seed brittle on top of my traditional pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and I excited to tell you that there are only two little ingredients in it. Plus it's really easy to make!

Pumpkin Seed Brittle - makes enough for 8 pieces of pie

4 tablespoons of maple syrup (I used pure maple syrup, I am not sure if table syrup would work)
1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and grease it well.

3. Pour the pepitas onto the greased foil, drizzle on the syrup, and gently stir to combine.

4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the maple syrup begins to bubble.

5. Remove from the oven, cool, and peel off pieces of brittle to top your pie with.

I ate half of my batch before it was time to decorate my pie, so I was extra pleased with how easy the brittle was to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment