Tuesday 2 October 2012

Thankful

I can't believe it's already October! I'll miss summer, but I am thankful for each season I get to experience. And I excited to enjoy stews and casseroles again, see the leaves change colour, and share Thanksgiving with family and friends.

This week my posts are going to be about different kinds of Thanksgiving meals you could make. They'll include a new take on a turkey (complete with a crazy good sauce to use in place of cranberries), fresh sides, and a Moroccan inspired meal that would be great to enjoy on your own or with a friend.

Today's recipe is for a Moroccan Turkey Burgers. They may not look like much in the photo, but they are jam packed with flavour and, since I added some dried cranberries to the meat mixture, I think they're perfectly reminiscent of a big Thanksgiving feast. Read on for the recipe...

Moroccan Turkey Burgers - serves 2

1 lb of ground turkey (or ground chicken if you prefer)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 pinch of salt and pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Form turkey mixture into four patties.

3. Preheat a grill or a frying pan to medium heat and cook patties until they're cooked through, about 5 - 8 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness or cut a burger in half to check before eating.

4. Pair with carrots and cous cous for a delicious Moroccan take on a Thanksgiving meal, not fit for a crowd.

Don't have a stellar recipe for cous cous? Don't worry because my recipe for Cranberry, Artichoke, and Mint Cous Cous is coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment