Friday 2 November 2012

What Is This?

A few weeks ago I was at the Farmer's Market and I discovered a new vegetable. It wasn't a scientific discovery or anything like that, it was just a veggie for sale that I've never tried before. And since I've tried a lot of veggies, that's a pretty tall order.

Do you know what it is? Think hard now because the first person to tell me the correct answer wins an appetizer named after them!

If you guessed a lemon cucumber, you're right! And I'm hoping you were able to guess before reading this far, but if not, that's ok too. I am happy to make an appetizer named after you because you read my post!

I love to dip cucumbers in hummus and since I had lemon cucumbers I thought of a great idea, why not make a really lemony hummus?

Lemon Hummus - serves 4

1 head of roasted garlic
1 can of chick peas, drained
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more to taste if you wish
Zest from one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Puree all ingredients except salt and pepper in a food processor.

2. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice if desired.

3. Serve with veggies for dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment