Tuesday 12 February 2013

Loving Breakfast

Breakfast is one of my favourite times of the day. I'm an early riser and like to get a little quiet time in before the rest of the world wakes.

But as much as I love quiet time in the morning, breakfast made for me by someone I love tops my list of favourite things. Whether it's a complicated dish like Eggs Benedict or a simple tea and toast, I'm happy to be surprised with a lovingly made morning meal.

My love of breakfast has brought me the idea for today's delicious post, Valentine's Day Pancakes, just in time for you to make them for your family!

And if you're looking for something fun to bake this afternoon, try Life Made Delicious's Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies, I know I'm going! If you like them, you should definitely try the new Peanut Butter Cheerios!

Valentine's Day Pancakes - serves 4

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten 
1 cup milk, plus a few extra drops
2 tablespoon melted butter
3 drops red food colouring 
Frozen raspberries, for garnish

1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all wet ingredients, except food colouring and raspberries, in a small bowl. 

2. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 

3. Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter into a squeeze bottle. Add red food colouring and a few drops of milk to thin the batter. Mix well. 

4. Grease a pan or skillet at medium heat and pour about 1/4 cup of the regular batter into the pan and, using the squeeze bottle of pink batter, pipe a heart, a word or two, or a design on top. 

5. Gently flip the pancake when bubbles start to form and leave alone to avoid smudging the design until the pancake is cooked through, about two minutes on each side. 

6. Microwave raspberries until warm. Stir and serve a scoop of the raspberries with pancakes for a special holiday breakfast. 

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment