Saturday 20 April 2013

Breakfast in Bed

One of these days I think I might be served breakfast in bed. I've certainly dropped enough hints about wanting it as a treat, but it still hasn't happened yet. 

I've mentioned how special a cup of tea feels when it's brought to me, and while that might be enough for some girls, this one is going to keep dreaming for the real deal. 

I might not be making you breakfast in bed today, but this breakfast is a make ahead treat that just needs to be thrown into the oven in the morning. I think something like this would be perfect for my breakfast in bed dream!

Read on for how to make this yummy French Toast Bread Pudding!

French Toast Bread Pudding - serves four (the recipe also halves well if made in a bread pan)

4 pieces of stale bread, cubed 
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup milk 
1/4 cup maple syrup,  plus more for drizzling 
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
Powdered sugar, for dusting 

1. Combine cream cheese, eggs, bananas, milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and cinnamon in a blender. Pulse to combine. 

2. Add bread to a 8 or 9 inch square baking dish. Pour milk mixture over top, cover, and sit in the fridge overnight. 

3. In the morning, bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until a knife comes out of the centre clean. 

4. Let cool for a few minutes and garnish with powdered sugar and more maple syrup. Enjoy in bed, if possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment