Sunday 26 May 2013

Moroccan Flavours

I have a love of appetizers that just won't go away. I love small bites from a communal plate of delicious treats because they're usually shared with friends or family, there's usually a ton of different choices of food, and also because no one knows how much you've had to eat!

Ok, I'm kidding on the last bit. Sort of. But back to business, I do love appetizers. 

Today's post is a delicious version of Baba Ganoush, it's more involved than the previous version I shared but I think the added flavour makes it worth the extra ingredients!

Moroccan Baba Gangoush - serves 6-8

2 medium eggplants
1/2 onion, finely diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
Zest from one lemon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried mint
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Broil the eggplants until the skin is charred on all sides and the inside meat is soft and smokey, about 10 minutes. Let cool and then scoop out the insides.

2. Add the eggplant, onion, garlic, and olive oil to a pan and cook on medium heat until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.

3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook another few minutes to allow the flavours to meld.

4. You could choose to puree the dip, but I usually mash it with a fork and serve chunky. Either way, serve with flatbreads or veggies and definitely enjoy!

I love serving this dip with my Cumin Flatbreads. I think the cumin in both are amazing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment