Saturday 18 May 2013

Potluck-y

I love going to potlucks and seeing what goodies everyone else has brought, but I hate coming up with what I should bring. 

Potlucks are tough because I always want to bring a dish that tastes great without it haven't to be reheated, with it having sat for a while, and still being tasty enough to have someone scrape the sides of the bowl to get the last bite. 

If anyone feels the same as me and thinks that their friends are getting tired of their same old standbys, here's a new dish to throw into the mix - Pineapple and Bok Choy Slaw. You'd never warm a slaw, it actually tastes best after it has sat for awhile, and it's so unique that everyone's going to want a taste! 

Pineapple and Bok Choy Slaw - serves 4-6

1/2 sweet pineapple, cut into small pieces
1 lb of baby Bok Choy, about 4 cups 
1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
3 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
Salt and pepper 

1. Slice Bok Choy into finely slices and then toss all ingredients together. 

2. Let sit for about 30 minutes or overnight and then enjoy!

I love this slaw served with a piece of freshly caught and grilled fish. I don't think that's a dinner that could be beat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment