Sunday 12 May 2013

The Sweet Life

This post features a recipe that I chose to make twice in once week. I'm not talking about reheating a plate of leftovers or finding nothing in fridge and having to make scrambled eggs on toast again. I actually went out and bought more of the same ingredients so that I could enjoy the same meal again.

It was that good.

I know that some of you might be put off by the list of ingredients, it is a fish recipe with jam, but chefs often add sugar to BBQ sauce or maple syrup to poultry. Just consider this recipe along the same lines and I know you'll love it.

Sweet on Life Salmon 

1 fillet of salmon, preferably wild
Juice from one large lemon or two limes 
3 tablespoons seedless jam, I used peach
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 green onions, finely chopped 
1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking tray with foil. Place salmon in foil. 

2. Combine citrus juice, jam, oil, green onions, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour evenly over salmon. 

3. Bake salmon until fillet reaches desired doneness. I baked mine for about 20-30 minutes but it will depend on the thickness and size of your fish. 

4. When fish comes out of the oven, slice into portions, plate, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy! 

You'll probably notice that I did not line my baking tray with foil. After a not so enjoyable evening of scrubbing, I now know not to skip this step!

No comments:

Post a Comment