Monday 17 June 2013

Dinner's a Wrap

I used to think that tacos should never have fish in them and should always have lots of cheese. That's all in the past now because today's post is a taco that has no cheese and lots of fish! 

I was inspired by a recipe in Canadian Living magazine to make dish, but my recipe is slightly simplified and I didn't think my fish needed breading to be a success.

I was so in love with this easy dish that I made it twice in two weeks! It was that yummy! 

Fish Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa - serves 4

3 large fillets of white fish, sliced into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon each of salt, paprika, and turmeric
Oil, for frying the fish
1 large mango, cubed
1 large avocado, cubed
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
1/4 cup plain yogurt
4-6 large tortillas

1. Combine flour, salt, paprika, and turmeric in a flat dish. Toss fish in flour mixture to cover on all sides.

2. Pan fry fish in oil at medium heat until cooked through.

3. Combine mango, avocado, red onion, and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Toss gently.

4. Combine yogurt and remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a small bowl. Stir.

5. Place a few pieces of fish on a tortilla, top with a generous spoon of salsa, and drizzle on some yogurt. Enjoy!

Taking a delicious looking dish from a magazine and making it my own is one of my favourite ways to cook. I like to think I often improve the original recipes, at least to my own taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment