Thursday 13 June 2013

Life (and Grilling) Made Delicious

I love to entertain outdoors in the summer. It's just me, my grill, my friends, and my family. The only problem is that I sometimes find myself in a rut when I think about what I'm going to grill.

Since I've stopped eating most meat, I'm don't have as many choices for grilling. Of course there are veggie burgers and grilled veggies, but after a few months of that I know that my palate is going to get a bit tired. Luckily I am pleased to tell you that I'm part of the Life Made Delicious blogger program for the second year running, and I know that this website is going to help me stay creative and interested when I'm entertaining outdoors this summer.

I took a peek at some grilling recipes last night and one idea made me hungry just looking at it. The best part was that I already had all the ingredients in my pantry, so I was able to make Life Made Delicious' Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos for a snack this afternoon.

I chose to use small pie plates for my dish, so that I could pass out individual portions, but I know they'd be great served up family style too.


Grilled Picnic Taco Nachos - serves 4 - 8

5 cups tortilla chips
1 can black beans
1 can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, drained
2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix, I used mild seasoning
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cups shredded cheese, I used all sharp cheddar

1. Preheat grill and grease about 8 small foil pie plates or a large 12 x 18 foil dish. Spread chips in pan(s).

2. Toss together beans, chiles, and taco seasoning. Spread evenly over chips. Top with tomatoes, onions, and cheese.

3. Cover with foil and grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes for the large dish or about 5 minutes for individual plates.

4. Carefully remove foil and enjoy. I love to serve mine with guacamole, salsa, or plain yogurt for dipping - but they'd be great plain too!

Of course, Life Made Delicious has awesome grilling for meat eaters too. Try looking at their Top 10 Father's Day Feasts and Treats for inspiration for this weekend. I bet you'll hear great things from all the fathers in your life!

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

1 comment: