Saturday 17 August 2013

Minted - Christmas Cards and More!

I know many of us are busy focusing on back to school right now, but it's also creeping closer to my favourite holiday season and it will soon be time to think about planning Christmas and holiday cards. It might sound too soon to some of you, but I know I start receiving cards at the beginning of December which means they must have been mailed in mid November, must have been personalized in early November, and in homes ready to go in October. It's going to be September in a just a few short weeks, so it's now time to start planning to stay ahead of the game!

Minted is a new website that I've just discovered and I am loving Minted's beautiful Christmas photo cards. I also love that choosing Minted cards means supporting independent designers and that the cards are reasonably priced. 

One of my favourite of Minted's Christmas photo cards is the template below. You can customize your photo card with five of your own photos and choose from a selection of colours for the background too.  I love this card because I love to include a simple holiday recipe in my Christmas cards and I would love to include a photo of my recipe as one of the photos. 

This year I am thinking about including a recipe for a simple Christmas fruit salad in my Christmas cards. Read on for my recipe and for a few great holiday gift ideas from Minted!


Christmas Fruit Salad - serves 4-6

1 honey dew melon*
3 mangoes*
1 pint of black berries *
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh mint, optional
2 tablespoons sugar, optional
*or whatever fruit and berries your family prefers

1. Slice 1/4 of your mango and melon into thin even pieces. Dice the remaining fruit.

2. Use small Christmas themed cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the thin pieces of fruit. Set aside.

3. Combine diced fruit, berries, and lime juice in a large bowl. If using mint and sugar, crush them together into in a mortar and pestle and sprinkle over fruit. Toss gently.

4. Serve diced fruit in bowls and top with a few pieces of the Christmas shaped fruit. Enjoy!

If your uber organized and ready to start your holiday shopping now, I'm not only jealous of your organizational skills, but I also have a few great ideas for you too - especially if you're shopping for a foodie fanatic like me! Minted's Party Store has beautiful gift ideas like this Milk Glass Cake Stand and they also have lovely journals that could be used to save favourite recipes in too.












Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by Minted.com, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment