Sunday 10 November 2013

Pizza Provençal

Pizza is one of the few foods that I love to gorge myself with. I could eat pizza until I literally burst. All that dripping cheese, hot tomato sauce, and toppings galore make me tingle with happiness. But I've just discovered a truly gourmet pizza that begs to be savoured in ways my typical Friday night pizza can't imagine. And it's easy enough to make at home. 

The recipe is from this month's Chatelaine magazine but since they only included a delicious pizza dough recipe and a handful of suggested topping, I like to think that my new favourite go to gourmet pizza is sort of my own. 

Read on for the recipe! 

Pizza Provençal - makes 4 pizzas

1 recipe of perfect pizza dough, store bought dough, or your favourite recipe
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 perfectly ripe pears, sliced into thin slices
1 small wheel of Brie, sliced
1 large onion, caramelized 
2 tablespoons each of fresh parsley, fresh basil, and fresh thyme - all finely chopped
2 tablespoons dried lavender
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. 

2. Divide dough into four equal pieces and toss into thin eight inch pizza crusts. Lay each circle on the cookie sheets. 

3. Brush the olive oil onto the tops of each pizza crust and evenly sprinkle with the minced garlic. Then top with caramelized onion, pears, and pieces of Brie. Finally sprinkle with a little of the herbs, lavender, salt, and pepper. 

4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the bottoms of each pizza are golden brown.


The mixture of the fresh herbs and dried lavender is my version of a fresh and fast Herbes de Provence mixture. I could use it on everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment