Sunday 26 January 2014

Chocolate Decadence

I know how people say that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but I think that chocolate is the real way to my heart. Chocolate is something that always makes me smile, always makes me feel loved, and always tastes delicious.
The first time I had dinner with my step dad, he baked a delicious chocolate torte made from ground almonds. It was a great treat, so rich and decadent, and I'd love to taste it again. But since he's yet to bake it a second time, I decided to bake my own version. 
My version wasn't quite the same as his, probably because I had to bake it myself, but I'll still bake it again. It was easy and delicious, so it can't be beat. 
Gluten Free Chocolate Mini Cakes - makes 10 (recipe inspired from Chatelaine and my step dad)

2 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 cups ground almond 
2/3 cup cocoa
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350. 

2. Whisk together sugar, almonds, cocoa, and salt. 

3. With a strong spoon, stir in the eggs. The batter will be thick. 

4. Divide mixture into 10 small greased containers and smooth their tops. Place them all on a cookie sheet. 

5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are crisp and firm. 

6. Eat right out or the container or empty onto plates and make into the best brownie sundae ever with chocolate sauce, marshmallow cream, graham cracker crumbs, and maybe some s'more pops for a pretty decoration.


No comments:

Post a Comment