Thursday 23 January 2014

Pop of Fun

This year's long winter stretch has had me dreaming of summer camping trips and s'mores. I just love sitting out by a campfire and roasting marshmallows until I've eaten way more than my fill of those sticky treats. 

So I decided that instead of waiting for summer to come to me, I'd make some s'mores today. I mean, why not? I won't have the campfire, but I could easily have a mug of hot chocolate with my s'mores. And I think double the chocolate sounds right up my alley!

Ready for the world's easiest indoor S'more Pop recipe?

S'more Pops - makes 12

12 large marshmallows 
12 skewer or other sticks 
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
3 graham crackers, finely crumbled

1. Gently heat the chocolate chips in a double boiler until melted. 

2. While chocolate is melting, skewer each marshmallow into a stick. 

3. When chocolate is melted, dip each marshmallow into the chocolate and roll it around to cover as much of the marshmallow in chocolate as you like. 

4. Finally, dip each chocolate dipped marshmallow into the graham cracker crumbs. 

5. Let the chocolate dry and enjoy! 

I have a fun dessert in mind to trying I know these would make the perfect garnish. I'll have a post up about those in a few days, but for now why not try them dipped into hot chocolate or as beautiful accents on a fruit kabob? 

No comments:

Post a Comment