Friday 2 May 2014

The New Tuna Salad

To continue my week of celebrating chia seeds, I created a really quick and tasty salad featuring my new Chia Salad Dressing. I never used to get completely full after eating only a salad for dinner, but my previous thinking changed when I dove into this salad with a salad dressing full of chia seeds and a lovely piece of seared tuna. 

Check out my recipe for Seared Tuna Salad with Chia Dressing below!


Seared Tuna Salad with Chia Dressing - serves 2

3 cups of mixed baby field greens
1 avocado, diced
1 ripe pear, diced
3 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 small tuna steaks, frozen, defrosted, and brought up just to room temperature
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 cup of Chia Salad Dressing

1. Start by mixing together the field greens, avocado, and pear in a large bowl. Set aside.

2. Next, heat up a cast iron pan and add some oil to it. Salt each side of the tuna steaks well and then place them in the pan for 12-25 second per side, just enough to evenly cook each side of the tuna and still leave the inside as raw as desired. Then just slice it on a bias and set aside.

3. Toss the salad with as much dressing as desired and serve on plates topped with sliced almonds and seared tuna. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment