Saturday 5 July 2014

Fungi Nights

If I had to eat one thing every single night of the week, I don't even have to think about what I would choose. I know it would be pizza. Pizza can be done in a million ways and not one of them are bad. Plus, almost every single pizza I've ever eaten contains cheese in some form and if you know me, you know how much I love cheese!

Today's pizza is my version of a fungi pizza. It's not a first date pizza because of all the roasted garlic and blue cheese, but it's certainly the pizza I'd choose to make for a 10th date. It's a real winner.

Fungi and Roasted Garlic Pizza - serves 4-8

1 ball of pizza dough
2 cups of sliced mushrooms, a mix of your favourites (enoki, button, crimini, oyster, or whatever you like best)
1 head of roasted garlic, cloves individually peeled 
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups baby spinach or kale 
1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and peeled 
1 cup mozzarella 
1/4 cup blue cheese 
Salt and pepper, to taste 

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

2. Start by sautéing the mushrooms in the oil. Add the spinach or kale and sauté another minute to just allow the greens to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 

3. Roll out or stretch pizza dough into an even thin layer. Place on pizza stone or baking tray. 

4. Scatter the mushrooms and greens over the pizza dough in an even layer. Top with cloves of roasted garlic, mozzarella, blue cheese, and hazelnuts. 

5. For about 20 minutes or until the bottom of the pizza dough is browned and cooked through. 

6. Let pizza cocoa slightly, slice, and enjoy with good friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment