Saturday 27 September 2014

Carrot Fever

Now that it's almost (gulp) October, I am doing my best to eat up all the veggies left in my garden. This means that all carrots I pulled and am featuring in today's recipe are a little bit less than perfect looking.

But looks say nothing of their taste! They taste fantastic! For this recipe, I merged together two of my favourite things, gingery carrots and my old favourite sauce for chicken or turkey. Now I know this sauce goes perfectly well with carrots so I think I will try it with tofu next!


Sweet, Savoury, and Spicy Carrot - serves 4

4 handfuls of baby carrots or 2 cups of chopped carrots
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons basil pesto
Salt, to taste

1. Melt butter in a sauce pan and then add the carrots. Sauté until carrots begin to soften, about 8-10 minutes.

2. Add the ginger, mustard, maple syrup, and pesto. Stir to evenly coat all carrots and cook to warm the sauce.

3. Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! best organic rice Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us

    ReplyDelete