Friday 12 September 2014

Saturday Morning Muffins

My favourite meal is breakfast. I know you are probably thinking it's dessert. But if I had to choose one meal to live on for the rest of my life, it really would be breakfast.

I mean, you can have cake for breakfast, right?

This recipe is not only a cake recipe, but it also celebrate how amazing summer fruit is right now. I love throwing in peaches, pears, or whatever fruit is ripe and plentiful in my fruit bowl. I also toss in coconut and speckle each muffin with lots of raisins. I guess that's why I call them Goody Muffins, because they're chock full of goodies.


Goody Muffins - makes 12-14 muffins

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
2/3 cup yogurt
1 2/3 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup peeled and diced fresh fruit (I made them with peaches and pears)
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup unsweetened, grated coconut

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin tin (or 2) with liners.

2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the eggs and the yogurt. Mix well.

3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and then stir into the butter mixture. Fold in the fruit, raisins, and coconut.

4. Spoon batter into the muffin tins and bake until a toothpick comes out of the muffins clean, about 25-30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment